Thursday, June 18, 2009

Take a number...

Don´t you just love her hair? :):) I know, it was an escape for me. I´m terrible with hair so I thought I couldn´t go wrong with this one. :) I showed her to my hubby and he said, "Nice, but what´s with the hair?!" :):) So, she´s got an afro. So what?!?! :):):)

Her face was a bit hard to do because it´s in a smaller scale and blending was a nightmare. And the heat didn´t help at all. The oil pastels kept sticking to my fingers and the color was coming off the face. That´s why her eyes are closed because I couldn´t do them this small with oil pastels. I gues I could do them with paint but once I closed her eyes I liked it. I should probably try doing faces with paint. We´ll see. The birdies are collaged and one of them is taking a number for Mixed Media Monday.

Share/Save/Bookmark

18 comments:

  1. O, kaj je dobra! Meni se zdi, da je čisto takšna, kot mora biti. Z zaprtimi očmi, afrolookom in vsem.

    Just perfect!

    A sem ti že rekla, da ti zavidam tako slikanje? V pozitivnem smislu, seveda. No, občudujem bi bila primernejša beseda ;) ;) ;)

    moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krasno si ovo uradila. Tvoj talenat je neosporan...a tvoj napredak tako vidljiv...
    Svaka ti čast. Kako kaže moi ...zavidim ti ali u pozitivnom smislu...
    LP
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is lovely.
    Fantstic painting. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastično ti je uspela! In to, da ima zaprte oči, ji da pridih takega miru in spokojnosti, da je preprosto popolna in bi jo človek kar gledal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her hair IS beautiful and so is she with such a dreamy peaceful look about her = Lovely!!!
    ~*~Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks beautiful...like she is standing in front of a window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove her hair ! Gorgeous piece of art :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely hair.if my hubby sees her he will truly be jealous.great art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow...Natasha this is gooorgeous! I really love that shes got her eyes closed and this put together with that beautiful pink background and white dress shes wearing makes this piece so serene and peaceful. Oh, loving the afro hair too!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty, I like it with her eyes closed , more mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely!!! I think it's a wonderful touch having her eyes closed she looks much more serene this way and I think her hair is perfect, lovely colours and textures too. I think what you have done with the oil pastels is lovely I really have trouble using mine and should try again.......you have inspired me to give it another go!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natasha, she is gorgeous! I love her afro and caftan - I remember those fashions well! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love her!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top