Friday, June 5, 2009

Portraits

I wanted to see if I could draw a portrait and this is what I came up with. The photo sucks but you get the idea, don´t you? It´s pencil on watercolor paper and now I´ll have to learn how to paint it. :) I would make a bad hairdresser though, I just can´t seem to master the hair. :)




Because I was so excited about the portraits I gave colors a go. :) I used Layer Love background from Lesson 3 and because I loved it so much I didn´t want to cover it with paint so I decided it has to show through the portrait. It was a bit tricky though. I sketched the face with pencil first but I couldn´t really see what I was doing so I had no idea if proportions were ok or not. I used water soluble oil pastels and towards the end decided that I really liked them. :) I was improvising a lot since I have never shaded a face apart from Les Petit Dolls so overlook all the mistakes. I still don´t get the hair. :) You can see the background peeking through which I like, just those drip lines will have to be placed more carefully next time. :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog! I love finding new artists it's great to see what other people are doing. You have a great style, I really liked your 'Little Red Riding Hood' picture and the mermaid. I think your portraits are great!! I especially like your back grounds though. I'm experimenting with backgrounds and love looking at the different images and textures you're using well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This portrait is beautiful! The colours are so warm and the layering is fantastic. I love that her face is glowing through all those layers. Excellent work!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top